2 tablespoons olive oil
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1 shallot, chopped
1 preserved lemon, inside discarded, skin thinly sliced
1/2 cup pitted mixed marinated olives, halved
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
1 cup white wine
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
4 sprigs oregano
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Heat the oil a medium straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Dry the chicken breasts well and sprinkle evenly with the salt. Place the breasts skin-side down in the hot pan and cook undisturbed until deep golden brown, about 6 minutes. Using tongs, flip the chicken to the bone side and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove to a plate while you build the sauce.
- In the same pan, add the onions and garlic, stirring occasionally, for a minute. Add lemon, olives and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine. Deglaze with the white wine (or chicken broth), scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 3 minutes to reduce slightly.
- In the same pan, add the onions and garlic, stirring occasionally, for a minute. Add lemon, olives and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine. Deglaze with the white wine (or chicken broth), scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 3 minutes to reduce slightly. Add the chicken broth and return to a simmer.
- Add the oregano and the chicken back to the sauce. Spoon some of the liquid over the chicken. Cover the pan and simmer gently until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes
- Allow the chicken to rest in the sauce for 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve the chicken with a generous helping of the sauce.
We love Italian but the noodles are a challenge for Keto lifestyles. We love these noodles. We buy them at a Vietnamese store. The are low carb and delicious! You can use any type of noodle you like.
We use 1/2 a bag for 3-4 servings of the noodles. We soak them for about 5 min, while the water is coming to a boil. Boil them by the directions. About 5 min. Drain and use you would any other noodle.
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for pasta water
1 pound pasta
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more to finish
2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
27 ounces (about 4 cups) sungold or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more to finish
1 cup freshly grated Feta cheese
1 cup chopped basil
Begin cooking your noodles.Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant and just beginning to brown. Then add the cherry tomatoes that have been cut in halves with salt and cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes are just beginning to break down and release their juices, about 3 minutes
Add the pasta to the tomatoes and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Toss well to coat the pasta in the tomatoes. Sprinkle in the feta and basil and toss one more time to combine. . Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and more Parmesan if desired.